Friday, September 14, 2007

Busy Week

It's been a very busy, intense week here, so there hasn't been much time for blogging. My husband worked an unusually high amount this week, so I've been flying solo. Doing that even with one kid would be enough.....but six kids, band competition and practices and pick ups, business issues arising left and right, homeschooling, and the house hitting rock bottom in the disaster area category have made it far more exciting than is desirable. Still, I made it through in one piece, and all the kids are alive. And that ain't nothin', as they say.

I rejoined Flylady and my house is already happy about that. (I started getting the digest version, so now I just scan one day's worth of emails, make a list, and go and do. No more inbox clutter!) Some days my brain is so fried that just having someone else tell me Do This really helps. And, as I always say when I get back with the Flylady, it's amazing how much you can get done in 2, 5, or 15 minutes.

I have had some good business things happening, and some other interesting possibilities coming along as well. It's nice to see things on the upswing.

My husband surprised me with a very nice new all-in-one printer/scanner/copier/fax machine the other day, because he had seen me struggling with my former printer. Very sweet! He said it was important for me to have good equipment to run my business. :) He also bought a digital camcorder, which I've been too busy to even take out of the box. Maybe he can figure out how to use it over the weekend.

The marching band has another big competition this weekend. Not sure if I'll be able to attend or not.

Homeschooling is marching right along. We're finally reading a book that I really like (Sign of the Beaver) and I decided to give the kids come poetry that speaks to the heart of a child a little better than their stinkin Classic Poetry book does. (most of those poems *I* don't even understand, nor do I see how they help children think anything positive about poetry!) So, we're now reading Shel Silverstein's book of poetry Where the Sidewalk Ends, and they are always begging for more. He's been a favorite of mine for over 25 years.

I had an idea to start accumulating the books for Sonlight 4 via Paperback Swap, and already have probably half of them in a stack on my shelf now. A nice way to homeschool inexpensively!

That's about the size of it for now. How are YOU?

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I think PBS is brilliant for homeschooling, I agree (not that I homeschool, just that I see the books on there)

And, congrats on the all in one!