Saturday, March 03, 2007

Enjoying the party and getting better

The Ultimate Blog party is still going on and it's not too late for you to get involved. There is a huge long list at 5 Minutes for Mom of participating bloggers, which makes it easy to start clicking around and finding out about some new blogs. I've found some that look particularly interesting to me that have been added to my blogroll. Maybe others of you will find winners also.

I'm feeling somewhat better today. Not 100%, but probably 80%.

I've been brave and did launch my new project that I mentioned a few days ago. The behind-the-scenes work is being done now, and the letting-people-know work will come a little later. (not sure how much later, but not yet) (I keep singing this song to myself as I go through the day, sometimes feeling a little woozy and nervous about the new project. I've put it off long enough--today I'm buying this CD collection as a gift to myself. I love it so much.)

I've also been working hard on my business site. I've been learning more about search engine optimization, and one of the things I had been putting off is some special HTML coding of every. single. page. on the site. That means I had to go into the back office of my site and open up every individual product page and enter coding, tweak keywords, and improve copy. It needed to be done, and because of the couple hundred products I sell I thought it would take until the end of next week. Thankfully I got it all done earlier today! It is so nice to have that finished up. Now I can get my other side done as well, and then I'll be ready to add some more products and do some more good things to make it easier for people to find my businesses. Onward and upward, I say!

A friend of ours from church was in a car accident this week. His car was totaled, but he was ok, and fortunately his infant son was not in the car at the time. As I was thinking of seeing him tomorrow and of course asking about the accident, I remembered reading the book Bless And Be Blessed. This book talks about the importance of speaking blessings to people in your life. So often we say wonderful, amazing things about how great people were when we are at their funerals, and it's a shame we don't let people know these uplifting, encouraging thoughts about them while they are with us. So, I am going to take a few minutes tonite to put together some thoughts and write a note to him and his wife to let them know some of the things I appreciate about them. I am so glad I have the opportunity to tell them and be happy they are still in our life!

Though it's been a weird week with being sick, I'm feeling good about accomplishing so many things, and feel like several goals are coming together for me, which is exciting. It's a good way to end the week. :)

10 comments:

TaunaLen said...

What a compliment to find myself in your blogroll! I came by to add you to mine, and to respond to your comment on my site. I have heard of paperback swap, but most of my books are hardback, because I plan at the outset to keep them all -- and the ones I do give away, or loan out, usually go through bookcrossing. I don't bookcross as much as I probably should. If you could see the flat surfaces in my house, you'd probably agree. But bookcrossing is fun, and once in a while I do let go of a few. I don't know, there's just something about the feel of a hard-cover book in my hands, or seventeen of them piled on my table. :-) ood luck on your new endeavor!

~TaunaLen

*Tanyetta* said...

stopping through to say hello :) :)

Jen and family said...

Hi nice to meet you
you sound like a busy busy person
Praying for your friend
bless you
Im at http://jenz.wordpress.com/

Susan said...

I am so glad I found you!! You commented on my party yesterday, but your profile is set to "private" or something that doesn't allow your web address to be seen...so people can't click back to you when you comment on their posts...I had that happen to me too and I fixed it and I was amazed at all the great visitors I got as a result.

I love your place and am loving your party. So glad you stopped by. I hope you'll come by again sometime.

Blessings.

:-) Susan

kimmy said...

kewl party!!! i like your site... i hope that having the baby is easy..laugh out loud.. rite now i just miss my husband.. this is the first time i have been away from him for more than two days... so it isn't fun.. and i dont know anyone here so i get bored very easy...

Anonymous said...

Doesn't it feel great to get things accomplished? I don't get that feeling too often lately. ;) How awesome that you have the chance to tell your friends how you really feel about them. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Thanks for stopping by! And your blog is gorgeous!! I totally agree about speaking blessings as well!

Steph

BecsLifeOnline said...

Hi hope you are enjoying the party. No-one was impressed by my burnt sausage roll as an appetiser so I'm giving away a book instead :-) Please stop by my blog if you want to be in with a chance of winning. Party on! Becs.

Unknown said...

Glad your feeling better! It's no fun when your sick and a mom

Stacey said...

Stopping in to party with you! Will check out your store soon!
Stacey