Saturday, December 30, 2006

So how was your Christmas?

We had a great time visiting my mom, her husband, my grandmother, and sister for Christmas. The kids had a huge blow out Christmas and are still enjoying all the goodies they received. One of the highlights of the gifts was that my mom had gotten the kids two of those kid-sized battery-operated cars plus a kiddie dirt bike as well. It was raining on Christmas day so we surprised the kids the day after with a walk outside that showed them their new vehicles. At ages 3, 5, 6, 8, and 10, they were pretty excited and rode all over the yard and driveway. We have a big back yard with a hill, so they are going to love cruising all over the place.

Since returning home I've been busy trying to put things back together. Fortunately we had the house pretty cleaned up and picked up before leaving, but there had been a lot of stuff to find places for, etc. Plus I got a big u-shaped desk from my mom to use in my office, so we had to set that up plus transfer all the computer equipment to the new location. (I spent one night til 2am working on that)

Our mouse infestation seems to be getting worse despite my efforts to leave the house with only glue traps and no food on the floors, counters, etc. Now I have learned that mice apparently enjoy raw potatoes, or at least will eat them if desperate enough. No mice caught, but I have seen them and their...evidence....since getting home. Very annoying!

I took down the Christmas tree and decorations today and am glad to have that finished. This year my kids broke about 3 or 4 ornaments, all of which were new ones we had chosen. Gladly, we don't normally have this problem, but I was tired of it and decided enough was enough.

No big plans for New Year's Eve here. I guess we will come up with something fun to do with the kids. Any ideas?

So, there is an extremely boring blog post. gag.

No comments: