Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Captivate U soy bath and body products

I'm woefully behind on some product reviews I agreed to do, so tonite I am finally getting around to Captivate U!

This business specializes in soy candles, bath and body products, and gifts. If you aren't familiar with soy candles, you should be!

Most gals like candles, but the soot that collects around the top of our regular jar candles is ugly, and it's annoying when the middle of the candle burns way down to the bottom, leaving lots and lots of wax build up all around the edge. Well, soy candles are SO much better! They don't have soot and they burn evenly, so your candle burns clean and isn't wasted!

Regular candles are made from parafin, which is a petroleum product. Every time you burn a parafin candle you are breathing petroleum vapors, which isn't healthy. Soy wax is natural, biodegradable, and completely non-toxic, plus burns about 50% longer than parafin wax!

Shan, owner of Captivate U, sent me some of her soy hand and body lotion. It goes on smooth and has a really nice vanilla scent. What amazed me about it was that even though I wash my hands a bazillion times a day, that scent just lasts and lasts! I asked Shan how she gets the scent to do that, and she told me it's a secret! :)

Captivate U is a business born from the desire of Shan and her business partner Tina to be their own boss while doing something they love to do. Shan makes the candles, air fresheners, and incense, while Tina makes the bath and body products.

I am not the only one that is impressed with the quality of their products and the fast, friendly service. Go check out Captivate U and see if they can help you finish up your shopping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been looking for some good and affordable soy candles and haven't been able to find any until you mentioned the Captivate U site. Probably won't get them in time for Christmas but I'm sure they will be a big hit for birthdays this next year! I don't even remember how I found your blog a few months ago but thank you for your morals, willingness to go against the flow, and to speak of real issues that we all need to consider. God bless you and your family! Sher = )