Sunday, December 10, 2006

a funny

Though all my kids have brown hair, I have one that sometimes seems to be a natural blonde, if you know what I mean. ;) Sweet as can be, but oftentimes adorably clueless.

Today was a teary day at our church because one of the most involved and dearest families is moving away. This was their last Sunday with us and so a lot of people were crying by the end of the service.

When we got in the car after church my "blonde" asks, "What was everybody
crying about at church?!"

So I explained that this family is moving away today, so people
were really sad to see them go and have to say goodbye to them. He
didn't recognize the family by their last name, so I explained to him who they were by using their stage names, since they are actors in our weekly production of KidStuff. I said, "You know...the people that are Artie and Mrs. F."

He says, "OH! Yeah. Them..... Aw....I'm gonna miss Marty!"

Classic. Just classic. He's seen Artie on stage for 2 years now and thinks his name is Marty.

Later at dinner he asks where these people are moving to and I tell
him Michigan. He thinks about it for a few minutes and then says, "Do
they even know how to speak Michigan?!"

We have gotten a lot of laugh mileage out of that kid today.....

2 comments:

Amie said...

LOL what a funny guy. When I was little my cousin moved to texas for a while. When he moved back I expected him to talk in a different language.

Mimi said...

Do they speak Michigan? Bwhaahahahahahah. LOVE it!