Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Salad Sidekick


I have another favorite aspect to my salads that I just have to tell you about. It's my carrot stuff....

In a food processor:
4 large carrots
half a sweet onion

Whiz it up until it's nicely chopped. Then add:
the juice of one fresh lemon
half a teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 teaspoons cumin
1.5 teaspoons sea salt
and 1.5-2 cups sunflower seeds or almonds (or any other nut or seed that you like)

Whiz, whiz, whiz!

I LOVE this stuff. You can use it in so many ways. A lot of times I add a lot of it into my salads. Sometimes I eat it all by itself. You can also put it on a burger (meat or veggie) or use it to stuff a sweet pepper and so on.

With a good food processor this is really quick and easy to make, and keeps in the fridge for more than a week. This recipe makes enough to fill two quart jars. I keep it with the other salad goodies and never forget to throw it in with the other stuff I'm eating. Yum!

No comments: