Wednesday, November 02, 2005

MeMe Du Jour

I know, I know...a lot of these stink. But, sometimes a girl's gotta have a meme or two up her sleeve in order to keep something fresh at the top of the blog!!!


1. What is your occupation? Wife, mom, (very) small business owner

2. What color is your underwear right now? blue

3. What are you listening to right now? the white noise of a fan

4. What was the last thing you ate? my breakfast smoothie (made of juice, bananas, frozen blueberries, and frozen strawberries. put in blender and whiz til smooth. I have this every morning)

5. Do you wish on stars? nope

6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? barn red

7. How is the weather right now? foggy and cool

8. Last person you spoke to on the phone? my son who called about getting a ride home from a friend's house

9. How old are you today? 34 years, 6.5 months

10. Favorite drink? water

11. Favorite sport to watch? none

12. Have you ever dyed your hair? I used henna on it once, and am nearing the point of taking the plunge and coloring it soon.....

13. Do you wear contacts or glasses? yes!

14. Pets? none, thankfully

15. Favorite month? April (my bday, 2 of my kids bdays, my mom's bday, and spring!)

16. Favorite food? depends on my mood

17. What was the last movie you watched? Well, I've discovered the TV show Lost, season one on DVD. Does that count? (I love this show!)

18. Favorite Day of Year? not sure

19. What do you do to vent anger? well, if I'm angry about something I can share, I blog or call my mom or sister or Sooz. If it's about something I can't talk about, I mutter about it to myself as I go about my daily routine. (I know I should say I pray about it, which I do, but not as much as the other options.)

20. What was your favorite toy as a child? My brother would tell you it was a deck of cards, because I basically sat in my room playing solitaire (before computers) from 7th grade til I left home. It's an exaggeration, but not by far. Before 7th grade, I loved my tape recorder. I would blast my Evie tapes and sing along, even using the microphone attachment and serenading the entire neighborhood. ("Broken up people with broken up lives/broken up homes, broken husbands and wives/all the world around us is falling apart/broken up people with broken up hearts...") Those poor people were probably very happy when we moved away....

21. Fall or Spring? Both. Fall wins by a bit because it's not as rainy. And it has pumpkins!

22. Hugs or kisses? depends on who it's coming from

23. Cherry or Blueberry? blueberry. unless it's artificial flavors, in which case I say neither!

24. Living arrangements? 20+ year old house with enough space for our family, and am awesome back yard with a hill that is just right for Big Wheel races, and fruit trees and grape vines.

25. When was the last time you cried? Monday

26. What is on the floor of your closet? a basket of shoes, boxes of papers waiting to be filed (that's scheduled for the 12th of Never...), a basket of keepsake items that I don't have any better place to put them, and a bunch of other junk. (Flylady would not be pleased)

27. Who is the friend you have had the longest? well, my mom! Sibs next. other than family, I guess I would have to say Marla and Brenda. I met them both when I was in 5th grade. We went to the same school, Marla went to college with me and we were roomies, and they were both in my wedding. Miss 'em both too. (Thanks a lot! Now I'm gonna feel sad again!)

28. What did you do last night? Watched 2 episodes of Lost on DVD.

29. Favorite smell? food scents like apples and cinnamon

30. What or who inspires you? People who live authentically

31. What are you afraid of? Being a crappy mother; running out of steam before my work is done

32. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? None. I'm scared of beef. (mad cow)

33. Favorite car? I love my Burb!

34. Favorite dog breed? any that I don't have to deal with

35. Number of keys on your key ring? only 3--I hate having a big, jangly bunch of keys like a jailer or something

36. How many states have you lived in? two--New York and Kentucky

No comments: