Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Not a Lot to Report

Since returning from our vacation, I'm mainly been putting the house back together, tackling some household projects (decluttering, mainly), doing some homeschool stuff with the kids, and now since we set our pool up on Saturday, I spend many hours each day being the lifeguard. Although this keeps me from being on the computer or doing any household chores, it does give me the opportunity to read! My To Read list has been growing and growing, and this past year I've probably had less time to read than ever. Today I finished A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini (he wrote The Kite Runner). He is an excellent writer, so the book was not a disappointment, although the story was very sad in many places.

I am now reading I Saw The Angel in the Marble, which is a collection of essays by Chris and Ellyn Davis, who homeschoolers will probably remember from The Elijah Company. I always loved their catalog and their writings, so I expect to be inspired and encouraged by this book. :)

I have probably 40 or 50 more books in my To Read pile. Most of them I have put off because they are of the improve-your-life category, and for me, those take energy. I haven't had the time or energy to put into caring about organizing, decorating, learning something else to do with my businesses, overhauling any relationships, or whatever. There are just a few in the pile that are calling to me, though. I think I am almost ready to go back to The Dance of the Dissident Daughter, and after that maybe I'll be energetic enough to get into Organizing From the Inside Out.

Either way, I have plenty to read whenever the mood strikes, and from now until late September I should be able to get some reading done.

The kids are enjoying the flow here at home, and I am enjoying having them here. We are doing school stuff many days and we are all loving it.

No comments: