Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Son the Rock Star

My 15 year old son has been teaching himself to play both bass and electric guitar for about a year now. Last night we got to watch him play with a group of friends at the county fair. These boys have only been practicing together for a couple of weeks, so it was pretty cool that they could pull together a decent performance in that amount of time.

The sound equipment at the fair really stunk, so it mostly sounded like a bunch of noise (for the record, they are playing Youth Gone Wild by skid Row) . It was a real blast to watch my kid play on stage and be so comfortable in a performance situation. He's the one closest to the camera, with black t shirt and tan shorts. My kid! My kid! What a blast!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

As time goes on you will be asking yourself - did I REALLY give birth to this person???? It is alot of fun to see how they find their way down the path of life.........

Unknown said...

Shoot. The video didn't load when I got on your blog. Will have to see it next weekend!