Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Movie Review: Crash

Wow! What a positively BRILLIANT movie! I LOVED it.

If you've seen Magnolia and loved it's coinciding storylines about love and family, you will love Crash. This film artfully and honestly looks at issues of race, stereotype, and prejudice in the setting of Los Angeles. Many different characters intersect throughout this movie, challenging our thoughts about these issues, and jarring us with ironic turns again and again.

I love stories that surprise me, and I love stories that make me think. I love to see moral dilemmas played out. This film has all of it. There wasn't a dud in the whole thing. It was excellent.

Usually when I ask my husband to pick up a movie and he comes home with something I wasn't expecting, it's not that great. This pick of his redeems all the former choices appauling choices such as Kavik the Wolfdog and that horrible The Life Aquatic with Steve Whatever.

(It does, however, solidly earn an R rating)

No comments: