Monday, November 22, 2004

So, wanna hear about my weekend???

I know you're all just on the edge of your seats waiting to hear about my weekend, so I won't make you wait any longer. As most of you distinctly remember, I'm sure, I went to a weekend seminar for a course I am taking to become a Certified Natural Health Professional. My brave fireman husband stayed home with our 6 kids (including one who is still breastfeeding), and I packed up my pillow and breastpump, and hit the road.

The seminar was about Body Systems. It was amazing to see how interrelated all the body is. Just amazing. I don't know how anybody could not believe in an intelligent creator of the universe after learning all that I did. The medical approach to health care focuses so much on splitting the body up into parts. We have doctors that specialize in feet, butts, hearts, tummy troubles, the brain, ears/nose/throat, and so on, but that is such a disservice to the person. It's all interconnected, and when something is wrong with one thing, it's not an isolated situation. It's indicative of something else that has gone wrong and caused the body to lose it's balance.

I could go on and on, but I won't. The point is that I have been on this path for a long time, and this seminar helped me greatly expand my understanding of the human body, helped me to appreciate the body and it's power to heal itself more, and gave me some tools that I can start applying in my life immediately, PLUS has helped me to know better where to look for answers in the future when new things come up. It was fascinating, I am really enjoying getting to reflect on the things I learned, I am thrilled at how much I still remember (there was SO much information, I was afraid my brain might not hold it all in!), and I am looking forward to learning more in future seminars. The next one near me is in February, which seems like a long time from now....

I got to stay overnight with my buddy Sooz, which was another big treat for me. We haven't seen each other since summer. Usually when Sooz and I get together we spend it hanging out while also taking care of our 10 kids (her 4, my 6) so it was pretty darn nice for me to get to kick back and not be interrupted by any kidlets. We got to talk and shoe shop and she introduced me to the mighty fine music of Coldplay, all of which was very fun. It's literally been 13 years since I have slept alone (no joke!) and so I was understandably Very Excited about the idea of getting to sleep all alone. It was great until around 4 or 5 am when my boobs were exploding and her cats were yowling and howling outside the door. At least I enjoyed the sleep I got.

My nursing baby did GREAT without me, which I was really happy about. I had been very worried that he would somehow be terribly traumatized by my absense.

My husband really outdid himself by having the kids clean their areas, worked on some house stuff that he knew needed to be done before our family members come to stay with us for a Thanksgiving visit, and basically seemed to do a stellar job. The kids were happy and relaxed, the house looked much better than it did when I left, and everything was under control. I am married to a fine wine, it seems. He has improved with age. :) Many moons ago if I dared to go out of town (and took all the kids with me!) I would come home to a house that looked like a tornado had ripped through it. Those days are gone my friend, I'm happy to say!

Now I'm gearing up for my husband's parents and his sister's family to land here on Wed., staying til Saturday. Lots to do, little time to get it done. I've got my work cut out for me, as they say....

No comments: