Sunday, October 17, 2004

Welcome Blog Explosion!

Hey kids--it's the new thing that all the cool bloggers are doing: Blog Explosion! Basically, it's a way for others to discover your awesome blog and for you to find lots of new favorites as well. I'm wringing my hands in worry---I haven't written any great posts lately. Nothing really funny or insightful on this first page at all! And the Blog Explosion folks are going to be coming by for 30 seconds or so, and I've got NOTHIN' cool for them! Yikes!

So, I'm wracking my brains...what have I got? What have I got?? SURELY I've got SOMETHING funny to tell about! (Beuler?....Beuler?....)

The hubby has been away this weekend for a hunting trip (tis the season....) and so I've been here hanging out with the homefries. I was remembering how when I used to homeschool, other parents who did not would kind of widen their eyes and make comments like, "I don't know how you can stand it" and other stuff related to the fact that basically they could not fathom enjoying a life where their kids were around every single day, all day long. Back in those days I wondered why that was and thought that maybe I just liked my kids more than everybody else. Now that my homeschooling days have been set aside and I am living the life of luxury with 5 of my 6 kids in school for at least part of most days of the week, I can understand a whole lot better. It's all about raising (or lowering) your tolerance level, folks. Now that my kids are happily tucked away at school, I am used to doing things differently. I'm used to more quiet, more privacy, more sane conversation with my husband, more naps without the pre-nap struggle..... SO when the weekends roll around and there is no second parent to share the burden with, it is rather tricky at times. This morning I actually found myself hollering right back at my temper-tantruming 3 year old. I guess I was going for shock value or something. Way to go, Mom! ugh. How long til the school bus arrives??

No comments: