Tuesday, October 19, 2004

25 Fun Facts about the Hubby

Mom to the Screaming Masses started this one recently, so I thought I'd go ahead and do the same. We'll call today Hubby Appreciation Day, ok?

1. My husband is a hard worker. He would work anywhere, anytime, if we needed him to.

2. My husband was up for having 6 kids!

3. He's a great father. He loves to wrestle and play with the kids, takes them outside to kick around a ball, or build them homemade guns or bows and arrows or tree forts and other great stuff like that.

4. When he first saw me he knew he'd have to make me his.

5. He's generous to all.

6. He's a friend to others, even those who don't deserve it.

7. He caught 2 of our babies when they were born.

8. He was by my side when one of our babies was born before our midwife arrived. (actually, we hadn't even gotten a chance to call her!)

9. He still likes to take me out on dates.

10. He'll watch chick flicks with me, and even likes a lot of them! (Sleepless in Seattle is one of his favorites)

11. He says that if I ever die he won't be able to marry again. I tell him he has to.

12. He's strong.

13. He's brave. (he's a professional firefighter and EMT)

14. He knows how to do a zillion helpful things like fixing and building and designing, most of which he learned by watching and doing.

15. He has warm, smiley eyes that I love.

16. He thinks I'm a hottie and tells me so, even though I am out of shape and have a belly that has been pregnant 6 times.

17. He's been married to me for 13 years.


18. He likes Butter Pecan ice cream. (ick)

19. He wears dark blue almost every day of his life.

20. He's an artist. He went to college for an art ed. degree and ended up a professional firefighter. Huh. He can draw, paint, sculpt, and lots more. Unfortunately, he doesn't get to do any of those very often.

21. He doesn't complain about things like the house being messy or meals being boring. He's great about realizing that it's hard for me to always (or ever) be on top of all the chores.

22. He likes to go deer hunting (bow, rifle, and black powder) and we usually process all the meat ourselves. (just did some of that yesterday and more of it waiting to be done today...)

23. In his youth he did the scary hair and make up and black clothes like The Cure. He turned out normal, though.


24. He's losing his hair but manages to get sexier by the day. (woo hoo!)

25. He still makes butterflies appear in my stomach. :)

5 comments:

~B said...

WE need to see a picture of this hottie!! ;) Does he still listen to the Cure? My hubby does, I tease him about it, even though they still sound good.:)

Dollymama said...

I'll try to get a reall studly picture of him to show off here. OK? :)

No, he doesn't listen to The Cure anymore, as far as I know.

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Looks like you really take some time to make it good for your readers. Have a great day!

Kim
http://www.scottandkim.net/fun

P.S.--found you through blogexplosion :o)

Dollymama said...

Actually, the 4 that he didn't catch weren't as sloppy as you might think. :) 2 were c-sections, so those were more of a scooped-out birth than a catch, one I caught myself, and 1 was caught by a doctor (that was the first kiddo).

Dollymama said...

You have NO idea..............