Saturday, June 30, 2007

Bits and Pieces

I challenged myself to spend one hour working on my book tonite. Did it! I would love to get it finished this summer, but it seems like a huge goal even though probably 80% or more of the book is already written in rough draft form. How do you know when it's good enough? When do you stop tweaking??

Finishing my book is just weighing on my mind, so I've told myself that I need to treat the project like a school assignment and just force myself to work on it until it's done.

My husband worked over 120 hours this week. I'm so thankful for a man that's willing to work! But it's been hard for him to be away from home so much, and although I am pretty good at keeping things going here on my own, I do get tired. At times when my husband has been away for a couple days or longer I often think of single parents and wonder how they manage to keep all the plates spinning without any of the relief that comes with a partner in the process.

My businesses are growing, so that's great! The growth is causing me to have to figure out how to handle various issues like when to reorder items, when to bring in new products, etc. Also, how to keep it all going plus add in homeschooling once August arrives. Ha! Should be interesting, to say the least.

We apparently have a leak somewhere in our water line on our property, which means that we have to fix it without any help from our water company. Ugh! I have been boiling our drinking water for over a week now, we have been waiting for days for someone to come and start digging up our yard, and my husband spent time in his smidgen of time at home trying to dig to the water line (3 feet under ground) in hopes that maybe he'd find the leak easily and we could fix it ourselves. Now we have piles of dirt in our yard, and have transplanted hostas that needed to move out of the way.

At least one of our chickens has now laid two eggs! This is quite exciting for us since we were not expecting any eggs until October at least. Today's egg laying was even witnessed by my daughter, husband, and myself. Cool and gross all rolled into one! :)

I have several (at least) organization and household projects that I would like to get done before I start homeschooling. My suspicion is that these may not get done until public school starts up and I have some quieter time during the day. School will be in session for at least 10 days before my preschooler will be going to school, so I was kind of thinking that I probably wouldn't start homeschooling until preschool begins. So, there's a time buffer possibility there.

That's about the size of it. Til next time....

No comments: