Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Mice Creep Me Out

The other day my oldest son told me that he thought there had been a mouse in his room. This didn't come as a complete shock. We've had mice before, and frankly, our home is a mouse paradise. Take six children and two laid-back, somewhat messy parents, and we're probably legendary within mouse lore.

Well, this morning, I saw one. Yep. Right in my family room office. Right behind where I work at the computer for most of the day. Eeegads....they may be small, but they creep me out!

I got out two glue traps that I purchased just the other day, and set them up near where I had seen that little rodent.

It was only a couple of hours before the glue traps did their job, and a nasty gray mouse was stuck.

The one thing I hate more than a mouse about the house, is a squirming, struggling mouse stuck to a glue trap that *I* have to dispose of. The way their bodies look like lurching bags of jello as they try to get free just makes me gag.

Sadly, I know all too well that there is no such thing as "just one mouse." Gah. More glue traps have been set up. Hopefully we won't have any surprise appearance or *evidence* while my husband's parents visit us for Thanksgiving....

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Get some REAL mouse traps and you will not witness the struggling-there will be none - quick and merciful I say!!! SNAP!!! It's done. How long do you think a poor mouse struggles trying to get off those glue traps. I'm suprised that PETA has not gotten those things banned!

Dollymama said...

The thing is that most of the times in the past when we used snap traps, the trap was empty of bait and there was no mouse there. We have never had success with those....

I do believe creatures deserve a quick death, if it is death they are headed for. You can put the slue trap in a bag and stomp them quickly out of their misery. If you're not a wimp.

Marilyn said...

One time your grandmother beat several poor mice to death with a broom after they jumped out of a linen closet. I was perched in the bathroom sink screaming.