Monday, July 03, 2006

Let The Games Begin!

Welcome to What's Cool Week 2! This week I am going to have some great product reviews for you, PLUS you get to come each day to watch me whine and complain about this 5-day weight loss system I agreed to use!

Oh. My. Goodness. WHAT have I gotten myself into? I posted on Mom Pack that I would be happy to help out some other small businesses by doing product reviews. Ann Marie Litz, a USANA rep, contacted me to say that she had a 5-day weight loss program she would like to send me, but of course she didn't know if I needed to lose any weight.

Well, you know, as a matter of fact I DO need to lose weight. And later this month I'm going to a small class reunion. So, time is of the essence. Send it on!

Now, you all know that I like to go with the healthy option any time I can. I have never used any sort of weight loss system or pills or whatever. They always seem overpriced and unhealthy to me. So far I will say that while I understand the concept behind this plan, I would still say it's overpriced and somewhat unhealthy. (She told me this 5-day pack was a value of $132)

I looked over the program contents when it arrived:

3 meal replacement shakes per day (a little over 200 calories each) (ingredients scared me--fructose is the first ingredient, and it goes downhill from there)
2 snack bars per day
5 days worth of vitamins (apparently the pack only comes with one day but Ann threw in the 4 extras for me)
a little booklet and checklist (so you can check off what you eat so that later when you are starving you will see that, yes indeed you *did* already eat! Oh no!)
a DVD that explains the concept behind the system (low glycemic emphasis) plus has a circuit training video for you to use (i doubt that I'm going to do a 40 minute workout on 1500 calories a day)

In addition to 3 shakes and 2 bars a day you get the BONUS snacks of one serving of fruit and one serving of veggies. Yee haw! I'm gonna go crazy with those baby carrots later on tonite when I sit down to watch a movie.....

So, it looks to me like you get less than 1500 low-glycemic calories a day, plus they want you to exercise. So, it makes sense to me that I should indeed lose weight! You think?

So, I decided to start today, despite the holiday tomorrow. It needs to be done, and I'm ready to get it over with. (snort)

So far I have had my first shake for breakfast, and mixed in a banana since I'm used to having a morning fruit smoothie every day. The shake wasn't terrible, but it wasn't exactly yummy either. I am scared of how I'm going to cope once I'm out of the chocolate kind and am left with vanilla and strawberry.....

I have taken my measurements and in a few minutes will weigh myself, andwill do the same when my 5 days is done. Then I'll know if there are any physical changes after my 5 days of torture. ;)

1 comment:

Rhonda Gales said...

I don't see how you could not lose weigh on this plan. It doesn't sound healthy. I'm interested in knowing how much you loose, and if you get sick or weak while you're on it. Keep us posted, and good luck.