Tuesday, July 26, 2005

One of those question lists.

So I don't feel like writing something real original yet this morning, so how about this?

What Were You Doing 10 Years Ago Today?
Probably getting pregnant with my second child. hardy-har-har

What Were You Doing 5 Years Ago Today?
I was living in a new town, with my husband and children ages 7, 4, 2, and a preemie newborn son who was probably about 7lbs. and finally breastfeeding, after several months of pumping and bottles.

What Were You Doing 1 year Ago Today?
Looking forward to putting 5 kids into school within a week.

What Were You Doing Yesterday?
Taking 3 kids for hair cuts, thinking of my friend Sooz who is on a 2-week family vacation with their 4 kids (camping for most of it, poor woman!), making cookies, and cleaning the living room with the children. Also, we watched The Pacifier as a family.

What Are You Doing Today?
Being lazy on the computer this morning. Later will probably bake bread and do some more house stuff.

What Are You Doing Tomorrow?
Taking the doggie to get spayed! Poor girl...

5 Snacks I Enjoy (in no particular order, and no health considerations)
1. soft serve chocolate ice cream
2. pretzels (soft and regular)
3. pizza
4. root beer
5. cookies

5 Bands/Singers I know the Lyrics to most of their Songs
1. Third Day
2. George Thoroughgood
3. can't think of any more

Things I Would Do with $1,000,000,000
1. pay off all of our debts
2. have fun giving a lot of it away
3. pay the stinkin' taxes on it
4. figure out what we want to do and where we want to be for the rest of our lives and go do it
5. make sure we have plenty saved for our future and for our children's future

5 Locations You Would Run Away To
1. Hawaii
2. WalMart (that's a joke!)
3. Norway
4. Skaneateles Lake
5. anyplace quiet, warm, and safe

Bad Habits You Have
1. nail biting
2. being messy
3. liking to nap excessively (I try to keep it out of the excessive zone, but am not always successful)


7 Things You Like
1. comfort (shoes, clothes, bedding, home, everything)
2. reading a really good book (just finished Outlander--couldn't put it down!!)
3. back massages
4. facials
5. good music
6. spending time with good friends
7. good, deep, meaningful conversation

Things You'd Never Wear in Public
1. my bday suit
2. a thong
3. anything showing off my nekkid belly

5 Movies You Like
1. Sweet Home Alabama
2. The Patriot
3. The Four Feathers
4. Just Married
5. Meet the Parents

Favorite books
1. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
2. The Education of Little Tree by Forrest Carter
3. most stuff by SARK
4. Clear Your Clutter With Feng Shui (about way more than what you think!)
5. How To Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor
5. Smart Medicine for a Healthier Child

7 Famous People You'd Like to Meet
1. Iris Krasnow (loved her books, think she would be interesting to get to know)
2. Jesus (I'll eventually meet Him!)
3. Oprah Winfrey
4. Reece Witherspoon (my current favorite actress. She seems to down-to-earth.)
5. Carmen, Mom to the Screaming Masses!
6. Very Mom
7. Getup Grrl from Chez Miscarriage (her baby boy was born yesterday, but is now doing some time in the NICU)

5 Biggest Joys
1. the unassisted home water birth we had for our 5th child
2. having an adoring husband and 6 fabulous kids
3. being free to be myself
4. unexpected pleasures
5. simple living

2 comments:

Dollymama said...

Well, you know, famous can be a relative thing, Carmen! :)

Yes, I have put Dragonfly in Amber or whatever it's called on reserve at the library. I have to get some housework done before I could justify starting it just yet, though. While I was reading it I stayed up til 2am every night and started reading just about as soon as I was awake, read every minute I could all day long, plus dreamt about the story line all night! I guess you could say it gripped me! :) I'm still ruminating on it and trying to figure out who would be the best actor to be Jamie in a movie version. :)

If I love the rest of the books as much as the first, I'm sure I'll read them all.

Any other great books I should know about?

~B said...

Dollymama, check out my site, I thought of you when I posted the "udder fed" cartoon, just because I figured you might have breastfed your kids etc.. ~Becky
www.solargrinfricke.blogspot.com