Thursday, July 28, 2005

The books! They are taking over my life!

I am getting overrun with books here. I don't know what to do. I'm thinking that maybe I'm turning into a bookaholic or something....I can't stop myself!

Y'see, I've gotten turned on to my library's online catalog. Every time I read something online that says, "Hey, this book is great!" and I think I want to read it, all I have to do is *bam!* go on over to the library web site, look it up, and put it on hold or request it through interlibrary loan. Next thing I know, usually within a day or two, the library calls and says, "We have your book and will hold it until Friday!"

Yes, I sit on my rear and see books I want, I push a few buttons, and my kindhearted servants at the library go and find the book for me and hold it by the circulation desk til I arrive. Typically I've got anywhere from 3-15 books to pick up at a time, since my son also has a lot of books to read for school and pleasure (he has read two 500+ page books just this week alone, because he wanted to. he reads like that all the time...I love it!).


Anyhoo, this is just SO great for me because as you can imagine, the thought of taking my 6 kids, getting out of the car, going into the library, looking up each book on the computer, and then finding each book and taking all of them to check out....well, it's not a pretty picture, that's for sure. So now all I do is sail on in (or ask the hubby to when he's out and about) and pick up my pile of books in one simple step.

The trouble is I probably have 15 books sitting here waiting to be read, and more waiting for me at the library right this very minute. Must read. Must read. Must read. (I know that technically I could return some of them without reading them, but it seems so sad......)

So many books.....so little time. (sigh)

No comments: