Thursday, February 03, 2005

Greetings from the waiting room at the car repair place!

You know the world is getting better when you can actually get on the 'net while waiting for a car repair to be completed.

Never fear, it's not a big repair. We bought a Suburban to fit the whole gang in, and it needed a little thing fixed on it, so we stopped by to get it done today.

Yes, we've forsaken our tacky ride days to join the crowd of greedy, environmentally unconcerned Americans who drive gas guzzling SUVs. Sorry, folks, but there isn't much to choose from when you have 8 people to transport around the world. The Firecrapper was loathe to go cruising around in a big 15 passenger van. Apparently it would be quite a deathblow to his maleness. (good thing we found this out before we had too many kids for a Suburban!) Seeing as how I wanted him to be able to keep all his masculinity, we went for the Big Blue Burb. It's big! It's tough! It's cool! It's bigger than your car! (unless you drive an 18-wheeler) So, you better watch out. DollyMama has a Mommobile that can CRUSH YOU if you don't play nice.

Alright, I'm just kidding. I won't crush you. But, our Burb rocks. Trust me on that.

Air conditioning that actually works, leather seats, rust-free....even a tush heater! Me and my butt are so spoiled now.

I had a stroke of serendipity as we came on over here to get our Burb taken care of. We went past a place that manufactures labels. Now, for those of you that don't know, I decided to market my No-Lice Hair Spray that I told you about long ago. Right now I'm in the process of getting the containers, brochures, web site, and labels to start ridding the world of head lice, and making myself wealthy (or at least able to pay for my new ride!) all at once. I've really been having trouble with the label, first finding horrible high prices, and then not really being able to figure out how to format it, not having a logo yet, and so on.

SO, I stopped in at this label place and found out that they have very good prices, PLUS they have an art staff. They will be able to sit down with me and come up with a label design, a logo...the works! And at a great price. I am SO psyched! This is going to be so much better than trying to limp along on my own and order from some faceless web site.

In a couple weeks I should be all ready to run around to all the schools handing out my brochures and helping people avoid the scourge of the earth. I'll become a beloved local legend! Patron saint of the liceless! And when they interview me in a decade and ask, "Did you ever think you'd become a millionaire by selling No-Lice Hair Spray?" I'll laugh and say, "YES!" Start with the end in mind, right?

Other than that I'm trying to sell off my old van, stuff I've had piled up in my closet waiting to be listed on ebay, and in general pay my bills and clear the way for the attempt to sell my product far and wide. No flies on me!



1 comment:

Willow said...

I don't know where in the US you are, but I'm in WNY. My best friend has the tushie warmers in her leather-interiored car (which is a MUST with leather interior) and man am I spoiled! Great for back problems (which I have) and you'll never want anything less.