Tuesday, April 23, 2013

5 Minute Memoir: An answer


After months of living in "I don't know" land, the end is in sight.

Yesterday was a tough day.  So many fears, feelings, and questions were in the forefront of my mind.

I journaled about it all, too vulnerable to share on the internet.

At bedtime I was gifted with a moment of grace that gave me hope and encouragement that I could carry on even through difficulties and unknowns.

And then moments later, there was the answer, in the form of a message.

I didn't see it coming, but there it was.

An answer.  A resolution.

It isn't an easy answer.  It is going to hurt some.  But it feels like the right answer.

I have learned some big lessons.  I have learned things about myself that I did not know.  I am both better and worse than I imagined I was.  It has been tough.

I am thankful to not feel in limbo any more.  I am thankful for an answer that feels ok and not like a disaster or a punishment.

No comments: