Friday, January 23, 2009

Popping in to say hello

To the dozen of you that actually read this blog, hello! I haven't disappeared, though it may seem like it judging from the very few posts so far this month.

Business has been very, very busy. And that homeschooling thing is rather busy too. Both are good things, just don't leave much time for blogging.

I even have blogable happenings on a regular basis, but don't have the time to get it done.

I did have a great experience yesterday, which was making a longtime dream of mine happen. I hired someone to help me with housework!

I have been dreaming of this for many, many years, and in recent months I had the thought that I need to just make it happen.

The first hurdle was finding someone. I have asked around, but nothing came up until one day my new helper and I were both in the right place at the right time. She was in need of a job, and I was in need of some work. And yesterday she came over and got started. She did cleaning projects for four hours, and boy was it great!

It wasn't easy, though, because I'm kind of a wimp about this sort of thing. My 12 year old daughter even had to give me a pep talk yesterday morning so I could stop feeling guilty or awkward about hiring help. "You have six kids! You homeschool! You run a bunch of businesses! of COURSE you need help! And SHE needs this job! this is a GOOD thing!!"

Smart kid! :)

I'm not to the point where I can hire her full time, or even part time, but it's a start, and I'm excited about that. It was a good step for me and I'm very pleased. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY! So glad you had a chance to try this out!