I think this may be my ninth year of doing this little thing. Even if nobody else is reading, I do enjoy having these to look back upon.
I have had so little time to blog this year, you may found out some things about my year that you are surprised by. :)
1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
Did a 19 day juice fast in January. Never again!
Enrolled three of our kids in a special brain training program to help overcome issues such as dyslexia and other learning difficulties. It has been exciting, challenging, and expensive, but very, very good to see results.
Became a tutor for Classical Conversations.
Offered to adopt two children who need us, and taking them into our home. Whether or not we will be able to make it permanent remains to be seen. Please pray for us!
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't remember what resolutions I made.
Will I make more? Of course!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My niece had a baby boy, a dear friend from church also had a baby boy.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Not that I recall right now.
5. What countries did you visit? I don't get out much.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? I always seem to want more time and energy for everything that I do and long to do.
7. What events from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Everything related to our new kiddos, from our visits with them, to the day we went to pick them up to bring them home, to the many scary days of not being sure how things would work out.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Becoming a mother of 8. Also, becoming a Classical Conversations Foundations Tutor.
9. What was your biggest failure? I guess I don't see anything as a failure. I tend to see learning opportunities rising from disappointments or things that didn't work out as expected.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not that I recall.
11. What was the best thing you bought? We invested in our children in many ways, and that is always more satisfying and lasting than things.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My mom's, who has listened and encouraged me a ton through this crazy journey to adding kiddos to our family.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted? Bad behavior on facebook in regards to the election. And I found the whole Chik-fil-A thing to be ridiculous, but I don't know about appalled and disgusted.
14. Where did most of your money go? To the nurture, care, and education of 8 kiddos, of course!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Tutoring for CC, and expanding our family.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012? Home by Philip Philips. It is the theme of my heart as we fold these kids into our family.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? hopeful
b) thinner or fatter? same
c) richer or poorer? richer in children!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? I think I've done so much of everything, there's nothing more I could have wished for.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? I wish I'd had less to be scared and worried about, but that goes with this journey we're on.
20. How will you be spending New Year's Eve? At home with kids who will, for the most part, be going to bed at a normal time. I'll probably be up working feverishly on business stuff.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012? Yep. With two wonderful children.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Shark Tank, Army Wives
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't do hate.
24. What was the best book you read? Can't even remember.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Home by Philip Philips. Also Ho Hey by the Lumineers
26. What did you want and get? To be used by God as part of a big story.
27. What did you want and not get? To know how that story turns out. I'll have to wait to even know the end of this chapter, unless it's just a cliffhanger, in which case I'm already there.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Don't recall.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 41 and don't remember anything about it. That doesn't bother me a bit.
30.What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying? More completion of projects. I probably say that every year.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? Rotating two identical pair of jeans, and not really caring that much about it.
32. What kept you sane? My husband and kids. (they also help keep me insane) My mom, also.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? none
34. What political issue stirred you the most? I don't know if I can claim to be stirred that much.
35. Who did you miss? My Gram. Also I don't get to spend as much time as I'd like with several people.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
If I ask God for a sign, I've got to wait for it.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Monday, December 31, 2012
Hold on to me as we go,
as we roll down this unfamiliar road.
And although this wave is stringing us along
Just know you're not alone
Cause I'm gonna make this place your home.