Tuesday, July 08, 2008

My friend Kim



My friend Kim is a crafty gal. Her house is full of the coolest, most unique crafty artsy items I have ever seen.

Several months ago Kim invited several gals over to her house for a craft night. Since then it has become a monthly event that I always look forward to. A couple weeks ago Kim taught us how to make these adorable bird houses using an old license plate, a spoon, and some barn boards. They are even cuter in person than the picture shows.

Kim also makes some fabulous, unique purses that are made of galvanized (I think) tin and old children's story books. I am the happy owner of one of her super-cool purses, and it never fails to draw attention and comments everywhere I go. I have been after her for more than a year to get these purses out in the public so people can buy them. This week she opened her own etsy store and started a blog. Go check 'em out. She's such a cool person. You won't be disappointed. :)

No comments: