Thursday, August 18, 2005

Weepy Moments

So today my PMS went from pre- to present, and I've had a few weepy moments.

One was when I was cuddled up with my husband on the couch earlier today. I had this fleeting thought about the words in our wedding vows, "To have and to hold." A simple little phrase, but it means so much. To have somebody hold you, a place where you belong, a place of acceptance and rest and safety...it's a lot, isn't it? My husband has a dangerous job and I have had to deal with the real possibilities that go with that. Today I just had a renewed appreciation of being able to have and hold him, and thought of how much I would miss him if he wasn't here.

I got my second weepy moment tonite as I read the birth story from Chez Miscarriage. Hurry and read..she doesn't keep archives up any more.

Also, seeing as how we've known each other for about a year, I would like to share my one great tip about dealing with menstruation. Two words: Diva Cup. It totally rocks. I love mine. It's about as close to not having my period as I can get. But I'm not going to cry about that, so forget it.

No comments: