Wednesday, May 03, 2006

More I Am From

I Am From
by my daughter, age 10

I am from kiddie pools, from rollerblades and gymnastics class.

I am from my warm, cozy room that is purple.

I am from the creek across the street where I like to play, and the big apple trees I climb on in my back yard.

I am from pancake breakfasts, and burgers and fries, from my artistic Dad and my mom that plays Dutch Blitz with me, and my five active brothers.

I am from movie watching, game playing, and birthday parties and swimming in the pool.

From clean-your-room and get-up-or-you’re-going-to-miss-the-bus!

I am from a very different, fun church, a jumping, worshipping family. We like to praise the Lord! We love God and He’s our only Lord.

I'm from a homebirth in a trailer in Kentucky, from tater tots and spaghetti.

From the time that we drove to grandma and grandpa’s for Christmas when I was really little. (I got a sleeping bag.), From the time I went under the water in the kiddie pool.

I am from Chinese dresses that I got from China, from birthday pictures and Big Sister shirts that I drew on when I was two (I still wear it sometimes).

1 comment:

owlhaven said...

great!! We like Dutch Blitz too!

Mary