Thursday, December 29, 2005

2005 End-of-Year Meme

The same one from last year, but hopefully with some new answers.

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Read several books with almost a thousand pages in each one, and started my own business.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My resolutions included losing 25 lbs. and improving on my home. I lost some of the weight but not all 25 lbs, and did some nice little improvements on the house. Losing some more weight is definitely on the list for 2006. I like resolutions.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes! Our friends from our small group just had their first child on Dec. 23.

4. Did anyone close to you die? My grandfather died the night before Easter.

5. What countries did you visit? Just the USA. I don't get out much, as I've told ya.

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? Enough money to obliterate some debts.

7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Seeing my father for the first time in 13 years.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Starting my own business.

9. What was your biggest failure? making a few poor business decisions (but it's ok)

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yes. I spent 2 months of 2005 either sick or in bed with a hurt back.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Our Suburban.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Squiggy Magoo who potty trained effortlessly.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted? other than my children?? hmmm....

14. Where did most of your money go? Bills! Same as always.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? starting my business

16. What song will always remind you of 2005? possibly The Pitty Party Dance (which was from our kid's church month when we studied joy)

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? possibly sadder
b) thinner or fatter? slightly thinner
c) richer or poorer? maybe the same or poorer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? being happier and healthier

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Being sick

20. How will you be spending New Year's Eve? either with friends from small group or asleep at home, depending on how the health pendulum swings here

21. Did you fall in love in 2005? Nope.

22. How many one-night stands? Zero.

23. What was your favorite TV program? I discovered The Amazing Race and really like it.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I don't put energy into hate. (I go for apathy instead ;) )

25. What was the best book you read? Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, and all the rest of the books in the series.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Chris Tomlin

27. What did you want and get? A new vehicle for our family

28. What did you want and not get? Time to develop my business more

29. What was your favorite film of this year? Without a doubt, Crash was my favorite.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 34 this year and I can't remember what we did.

31.What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying? more time and money to achieve more goals

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? Better than ever. (which isn't saying much, but still...)

33. What kept you sane? Who said I'm sane?

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? None! How about the ones I most disliked? Tom Cruise is at the top of my YUKK list this year. Katie Holmes is at the top of my "I'm concerned that this young lady has been brainwashed" list.

35. What political issue stirred you the most? There isn't much that stirs me politically.

36. Who did you miss? Well, I always miss my mom, brother, and sister since I don't get to see them very much. Usually once a year or less. I also miss my friend Laura who lives on the other side of the earth. And, as you may remember from recent posts, I've missed my best friends from high school and college.


37. Who was the best new person you met? Probably all of the people in our two small groups from this year.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005. There's value even in low times.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Hmmm....so many to choose from. "I can't get no satisfaction" or "It's my party so I'll cry if I want to" are coming to mind today....but today I have PMS so I don't know if those count.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

I love "There is value, even in the low times" that's beautiful!

Another one who isn't thinner than last year, eeek.

Dollymama said...

Mind you, when I say "thinner" I mean it in the imperceptible, maybe-just-barely, a few pounds less, sort of way. Hopefully next year will be more successful! (at least I'm moving in the right direction)

Heth said...

Great Meme, how fun to do the same one every year.
By the way, I tagged myself. Those were some good questions and I needed something to boost my reflection.