This is my 7th year doing this meme.....is that a good thing, or just getting old?
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Succeeded at learning to super coupon. (I haven't even gotten around to telling about it here. Does anyone even read my blog any more? Quite possibly, no.)
Went to visit my mom...alone!
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember what they were, but if it had to do with continuing to not eat sugar, or not regaining some of the weight I lost, then no, I did not keep them.
Will I make more? Of course!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My niece had a sweet baby girl.
4. Did anyone close to you die? A couple we know lost their newborn daughter. So sad.
5. What countries did you visit? None, as usual.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A greater understanding and appreciation for the different gifts each of us brings to the world.
7. What events from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
-Welcoming our new dog Brandi into our family. She is wonderful!
-Saying goodbye to a long relationship that had stopped being healthy.
-Throwing a super fun 40th birthday party for my husband.
-Getting to go visit my mom on my own to celebrate her birthday. Previous to that I hadn't gotten to hang out alone with my mom....like....since I was a teenager!
-Having hard stuff from the past being dug up and the discomfort and exhaustion that went with trying to deal with it.
-A crappy situation on Christmas.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Juggling my life. And learning to super coupon! I have saved a lot of money from it!
9. What was your biggest failure? Well, I gained back some weight and I'm not feeling very good about that right now. :(
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing that stands out.
11. What was the best thing you bought? The Dressing Your Truth course. It is very interesting and I believe the concepts in it are pretty revolutionary. (I haven't gotten around to telling about that here yet, either.)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My husband turning 40! We had a great party to celebrate.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
There were a few, but I'm not going to name names here.
14. Where did most of your money go? Bills and savings and having fun with my family.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Couponing! Dressing Your Truth! Having the means to do some special trips and experiences with my family. And probably many other things, because I am always excited about my many projects and ideas!
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Firework by Katy Perry (Love. That. Song.)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? at the moment, sadder
b) thinner or fatter? fatter
c) richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Completing tasks and projects that are important to me.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Feeling stressed. And eating too much of the wrong stuff.
20. How will you be spending New Year's Eve? At a birthday party for someone very special to me, and then at home with my family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010? Yes, with my dog, and with my iphone. :)
22. What was your favorite TV program? Dexter! My husband and I are hooked.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't do hate.
24. What was the best book you read? Sadly, I can't even think of a book I read this year. I missed a lot of my book group meetings and just have not had the time to read very much. :(
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Katy Perry's song Firework.
26. What did you want and get? The ability to do some fun things with my family members that previously would have not been possible.
27. What did you want and not get? Well, I could say *thinner* except that I think if I really had wanted it, I would have made it happen. So, I don't know. If I didn't get it, I probably didn't really want it. That's my story for the moment, anyhow.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Despicable Me. It is one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time, I think.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 39 this year and I do not remember much about it. My husband turned 40, though, and *that* was a whole lot of fun! Now I have to decide if I will have a big fat 40th birthday party for myself in a few months. What do you think?
30.What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
Completing more projects.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Wearing what I have and buying almost nothing and desperately needing a change. 2011, here I come!
32. What kept you sane?
The patience and encouragement of my husband and children.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I can't think of anyone I fancy all that much. I always admire Oprah, though, and am looking forward to seeing how her new TV network will do.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Politics didn't stir me any more than usual, which is to say--almost not at all. I have been re-thinking some of my beliefs and am finding that my opinions have changed. Interesting process.
35. Who did you miss?
I still miss my Gram a lot. I think of her very often and enjoy having some keepsakes of hers that I use on a very regular basis.
36. Who was the best new person you met? Not a person, but our dog Brandi is a very dear soul and we are so happy we found her and she joined our family! Also, not a person, but my iphone is a wonderful companion and I would not want to have to live without her! Both of these are funny because I used to not really be a dog person, and I'm really not normally a technology enthusiast. We can call these Personal Growth items, then. Can't we?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
To continue to be true to myself.
To continue to be honest about the way I see things.
To continue to trust my instincts, since they have almost never steered me wrong.
To continue to try to understand the gifts that each person brings to the world, and to help those within my reach to live within the strength of those gifts and not try to be any other way than how they were created to be.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Well, it's Firework, of course. It coincides perfectly with what I've been learning through other avenues, and I love the positive, encouraging message.
Come on, let your colors burst!
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon,
It's always been in side of you, you, you,
And now it's time to let it through